Here some details of currently implemented Rainbow features available in Design namespace.
Currently I have implemented:
Every portal and every page can have its own layout. The code remain the same. All placement of page element are containsed in separate layout files that define (but not limited to) custom header, panes and footer.
To construct a great layout you need some building blocks.
- Horizontal and Vertical, fully customizable, navigation bar are provided.
- Custom DHTML menu that binds up 3 level of nested tabs.
- Customizable three pane WebControl allows to programmaticaly show/hide panes. Login box can be hide. Full Visual studio design support.
- Header menu (the original top-right IBS menu) is now a separate control that can be moved in the page and customized in content and graphic style.
- Portal image (dynamic - stored with portal settings)
- Portal title (dynamic - stored with portal settings)
All layouts are accessbile (for testing purpose) adding parameters to querystring.
Themes currently owns graphic for drawing modules, you can have multiple themes active so that content and left/right pane can have different graphic impact. Main theme dinamically put its own css on top of pages too. An XML file describe all pieces of the module and module title.
Future anhancement will merge themes and layouts in a single an more advanced presentation layer.
Currently I have some ideas of new components and interfaces.
Feel free to ask for new features, discuss your vision and contribute to the project on the Rainbow Forums.